Wednesday, April 21, 2021

they're vampires

Late yesterday, I got a message from Dr. C stating that my two vials for the chromosome testing broke in transit.  Therefore, I need to go back ASAP to have those drawn again.  I went this morning at the same time, right when they opened, hoping to beat the rush.  Not so much luck today!  Everyone in the lab knew who I was though, which was funny - I guess they were expecting me.  The number of people ahead of me was vast - I have no idea what the difference between a Tuesday and Wednesday are but I didn't go back until almost 8:50.  In that time, I was reviewing some of my results from the bloodwork yesterday and noticed that the Rubella was positive.  

I googled that and while it can be a false positive, it really only matters when someone is pregnant.  Well, shit.  This isn't good.  So, I put a message into the nurse as well as a call to ask if I should get the same labs drawn again just in case while I was here.  I even had the lady at the lab call directly and she got no where.  When I left, I figured I would be back tomorrow to get the test redone so that I could rule out that false positive.  

Finally, I got a message back from the nurse saying that the positive was a good thing, meaning that the vaccine was still in my system and I was protected against the virus.  That's great, but why does the lab result show up in bright red with the word "ABNORMAL?"  Oh well, I'll take their word for it and let it be!  

The rest of today has been a little rough.  I am not sure if it is side effects from the COVID shot yesterday or dehydration from all of the blood taken, but a migraine from hell settled in late morning.  I even took half the day off because I couldn't concentrate.  If you know me, you know this is rare and I must not have felt well.  Tylenol wasn't doing much, but getting in bed for a few hours helped a little.  Jacob took on most of the evening responsibilities, thank goodness.  Now, I am about to head back to bed and hope that that I feel great in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment