Friday, November 8, 2019

a day off

I have a lot of PTO to take before the end of the year, even with saving some for my short term disability bank, to be used during the quasi-maternity leave.  Thus, I was off today.  I decided I would spend time doing things for me!

Much of that time was spent focusing on exercise and catching up around the house.  I tried to get on the treadmill early, but my thigh muscle wasn't cooperating.  I only did 1 mile at the gym but knew I would have some time to walk outside and reflect later in the day and for who knows why, that doesn't seem to bother my thigh.

After dropping my car off to get recalls taken care of, I found a park I had never been to - Cold Harbor Battlefield.  There I froze my ass off, but walked two more miles on the winding trail through the woods.  I even picked up some pine cones when done to work on some crafts with the kids.

I ran some errands but didn't feel like I had exercised enough.  So, I set out to get a few more steps in and went to a trail really close by that I had done in the past, but had never gone to the end because it wasn't conducive with a stroller.  It was beautiful and I am so glad I made the time to get another 2.5 miles in before getting other stuff done at home and heading to see my special lady at Westminster Canterbury this evening.

As I have mentioned before, my time with Ms. Clare is so special and something I cherish every second of.  There was however an instance that really bothered me tonight.  I could hear a close table talking about us and it was obvious they weren't worried about anything, but literally talking just to be talking.  At one point one of the ladies even said she (meaning me) knows that they were talking about us.  'Tis true.  I couldn't figure it out but it made me so very angry.  I guess I haven't gotten over it yet, but I plan to.  I saw something on social media this week that really puts it all into perspective - see here.

You have $86,400 in your account and someone stole $10 from you

I am not going to let those 90 seconds steal my thunder and ruin the time I am so lucky to share with Ms. Clare and everyone else around me.  It is simply not worth it.  I think I will have to remind myself of this a lot throughout this journey and it is better to start heeding this advice sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment