Saturday, November 2, 2019

family filled saturday

Today was a great day, but stressful.  We had a lot of really fun family time with Jacob's family but Jacob wasn't feeling well.  He is such a crank-pot when he is under the weather.  When we got home, I made him go to the doctor, where he was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection.  To make it easier on him, I said I would go to grab the prescriptions.  That was a disaster, too.  I couldn't wait for the kids to go to sleep so I could drown myself in wine.  Wait, I don't do that anymore.

So, I went out for a walk instead.  On that walk, Bethany had a wonderful conversation discussing everything.  She had had a rough week, too.  No matter what, we both have faith in this journey and in each other.

One thing she said to me was to have no expectation of timelines.  This kind of killed me because I am so very impatient.  But, I am glad that she put it all into perspective.  I cannot expect things to go as planned and will take them as they come.  Boy am I a planner, though!  I am crossing my fingers for "my" timeline, however, I know all of this is in God's hands and it will happen in His time.

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment