Thursday, November 7, 2019

moments of no self control

The biggest part of this journey right now for me is my weight loss.  None of this will be possible if I am not able to get below 35 BMI.  That said, I am working hard to exercise and eat right.  None of us can be perfect all of the time, right?

This week has been really tough.  I told Gregory that we would make some muffins, homemade blueberry muffins.  I didn't think it would be that difficult to do so without eating them - I make batch after batch of chocolate chip cookies without ever tasting the dough or a bite once baked off.  These muffins are killing me!  Not only do I want to shove spoonfuls of batter into my face, I want to test them once done baking.  But not just one, I mean, some look a little deformed and I probably shouldn't serve those either.  It got to the point where I asked Jacob to remove the remainder from the mini muffin tin because I had lost all will power!

After eating so many of those and being down on myself, I said who gives a shit and ate three pieces of the kids' Halloween candy before bed.  Geez louieez!  I had actually done really well and I think only eaten two pieces total since we bought the candy, but how have I gotten to this point!?  Just stuffing my face and reveling in the deliciousness only to beat myself up for indulging.  It really isn't worth it in the end.

As I was telling a friend about my lack of will to stay on track, she put it all in perspective - "you didn't eat four did you?"  I guess so, my friend, I guess you're right.  There is always tomorrow and even the next moment.  We can't wallow in our past but make better decisions for the future.

Image result for perspective quote

No comments:

Post a Comment