Friday, November 1, 2019

a crazy halloween

Well, I didn't make it to the gym this morning.  Gregory woke up around 415 and decided to come downstairs with me.  He doesn't like being downstairs by himself so I knew he would just go up and get in bed with Jacob.  Maybe I was being pretty lazy myself?  Thus, I decided to just get stuff done before starting the normal morning routine, prepping for my manager to also be in town today.

Jacob was kind enough to take the kids to school so that I could get to the office earlier than normal.  Little did he know the monsters (I mean dragons) were supposed to be put in their costumes upon arrival.  Apparently he just dropped the kids and the costumes, letting the teachers handle it all.  :)  Smart thinking!

I was so nice to see my boss - I hadn't seen her since May.  She was blown away by my weight loss and we did get into this journey just a little bit.  I am not ready to share with my team at work yet and I can trust her.  Regardless, she was super supportive and noted that the promotion I am up for will not be affected at all by this revelation.  She is so kind - she brought gifts for the kids and also gave me movie tickets because she realizes (and appreciates) all of the extra I do for work and wanted to make sure she provided something for Jacob and I to do with each other.  I'm not much of a movie person but we will make it a point to go by ourselves sometime soon!

After a crazy, but good day at work, Jacob and I were ready to tackle trick or treating.  We have always gone to my aunt and uncles for supper and then walked down their street.  This year we decided to stay close to home and make a new tradition.  We sure did miss Aunt and Uncle Shug, but we had a blast.  We met up with some friends and the kids got WAY too much candy.  The weather even held off, which was really nice.  The best part of it all is that when we got home, there wasn't much of a fight limiting the kids to two pieces of candy each.  Shew - I was worried about that one!


Looking back, I have to say I got frustrated three times with Gregory - as super nice neighbors filled his bucket up with candy, every time he got those darned whoppers, he would say, "I don't like those."  Really, kid?  At least say no thank you.  Maybe just trade with someone else.  But no, of course, he waited for the super nice neighbors to go back to their bowl and provide something more appealing.  Thank goodness for all of those nice people that took it in stride.  I can't say I would have been so nice, trying to teach someone else's kid to be gracious rather than picky.  If that is the worst of our evening, I will take it.  This is an opportunity to grow over the next year, though.  We will work on it!

"There is a child in everyone of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly lit front porch."  - Robert Brault

(i think my brightly lit front porch is this crazy, spooky, beautiful journey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment