Saturday, November 30, 2019

a lifetime of thanks

There's no other place I'd rather be right now.  I am with the perfect people, doing what we were meant to do in this life.  I know I have said it over and over, but the gratitude I have for everything in my life right now explodes out of me.  I could never be in this position without this journey helping me to figure it all out.

Thursday was beautiful.  Some of Jacob's family and some of my family came together for a great supper and time with one another.  The kids were so excited for cousin time and my aunts gave in and played many rounds of hungry, hungry hippo.  I still have the winning song in my head! 

Friday, Bethany and Phillip met us at the gym to work out.  It was really nice to be together and have quality time with one another that didn't involve food or drinks and we still were accomplishing part of what we set out to do.  We then headed home and continued to chat (as much as possible with the kids running around). 

Bethany asked me a question that I had never really considered.  She said, what if it doesn't work the first time?  The shared risk program allows up to six cycles.  Well, I haven't thought of it because the end result here is a baby.  We will do everything in our power to bring a baby home, if it means six cycles.  I am game.  I think that it will be really difficult, but we are committed and if we stopped after trying with no success, we aren't giving the process justice.  That said, Bethany was really sweet and through tears she said that if we were ever to change our minds, they would understand.  One thing about this entire path is that so often we reassure each other that there are many IFs throughout it all.  And should there ever be an IF of proceeding on either side, we will respect the others, no questions asked.  Takes me back to that first email I received from Christen, about IF something didn't work out or IF we changed our mind.  I think I have said this before, too, but it is no longer an IF, but a when.  Should when be further down the road that we hope, that is okay and God will surely be testing my patience, but it will be a test I will pass with flying colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment