Saturday, May 1, 2021

13 and counting

It is amazing we have made it this far and although the road ahead is long, the first trimester is almost behind us.  On top of the wonderful news we got this week, we also were told the gender.  We did not realize that we would find out the sex until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, but Dr. C offered to tell us, thinking that we already knew due to the IVF.  Since Bethany and Phillip's embryos were not tested, we did not know what the gender of this little one (or the others that didn't make it) was.  I called Bethany to make sure they wanted to know and we were all on pins and needles until we got the message back on the portal.  

I knew that Bethany had clients starting and that she would really only be available the last ten minutes of each hour.  I constantly checked the portal awaiting a response.  Then, there it was - a totally new message with the subject "gender."  I was nervous to open it but I did and was delighted!  I am not going to share on here yet until after others are told, but I started texting Bethany and Phillip and tried to add a little bit of suspense.  Phillip wasn't having it and frankly it was a little cruel.  All that said, we had a quick facetime celebration and all went back on to complete our days.  

Now to plan a surprise gender reveal - woohoo!  I live for this type of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment