Monday, May 24, 2021

back to the grind

This week I am trying to work full time again.  My work family knows that this is all dependent on how I feel.  I thank God for the fact that I picked my mom up this morning and she is here with us until Wednesday.  There is no way in the world that I could try to work full time, be here with the kids all day, and still not feel great.  Mom has already proven to be a huge help.  Today at work wasn't too bad, but I am tired.  The headache is here but not awful.  I am still taking Tylenol almost around the clock to keep it at bay.  

This afternoon, my aunt stopped by and brought supper to us.  So nice!  And, such a lovely meal like the ones that I grew up on and cook often - simple:  meat, starch, veggie.  We actually got to see a couple of my aunts and uncles on Saturday when we had to get out of the house for showings.  Even though I felt awful, we went down to Dunnsville and spent a couple of hours on the beach watching the kids play in the river.  It was really nice but way too much for me just yet.  I made sure that I never went in their home and stayed away from the others at all times.  When we got back to the cottage, I was exhausted.  Sunday, I was able to relax a good bit while Jacob took the reigns with the kids, taking them to Three Lakes Park as well as the church to ride bikes.  Boy am I indebted to him.  I think he knows, though, that I will only get better with a lot of rest.

I hope that the week continues as today has.  I can deal with the fatigue - the headaches are what stops me in my tracks.  Today was bearable and I pray tomorrow will be, too.  It is a little embarrassing on calls when it sounds like I am running a marathon when I am simply talking on the phone, but it is what it is.  In time, that should get better too.  One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment