Wednesday, May 19, 2021

our village

I must say, we are so lucky to have our village.  They have been feeding my family all week.  I have had to ask some people for a raincheck because meals would just go to waste at this point.  Bethany's parents brought several items yesterday, including books for the children.  They stayed outside for a few minutes with Jacob and watched the kids play for a few minutes.  The kindness from them is just crazy and hard to believe.  Another friend has told me that she is going to bring supper any night and I keep putting her off, we have too much right now.  My aunt and uncle are scheduled for next week as are Phillip's parents.

I have gotten really awful at writing thank you notes.  My Tita is probably turning over in her grave.  I will not allow myself to feel guilty.  I always make sure to give appreciation via text, but it does not always go through the snail mail.

If you're part of our village please know that I probably don't acknowledge you enough.  We are beyond appreciative for all of the kind gestures constantly in addition to the thoughts and prayers - I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment