Wednesday, May 26, 2021

a new me?

I hope so!

We seem to be under contract, finally, even though it is contingent upon the sale of the buyers' home.  I don't even care to be honest.  I am still pretty ill and have to focus on me.  While today is an okay day, yesterday was awful.  I could barely move my head without it throbbing for no reason at all.  Tylenol wasn't touching the pain.  Thank goodness for my mom - she could see in my eyes how miserable I was and didn't let me lift a finger when it came to the children.  

One thing I have learned through this, as hard as it is, is that I can relinquish control and things will still happen as they should.  I can't do it all and COVID has taught me that.  I left Dan and Jacob to do the house stuff and sat in the periphery, and of course, it worked out.  We still have a bit to go, hoping the buyers' house sells quickly, but the offer on our house was for full price, which is really nice.  Even though we have that, our house is technically still on the market and will not be "pended" until the other contract is ratified.  So, we are still having showings.  I am so sick of cleaning this place!  Frankly, I don't even really care anymore.  If there's dirt, so be it.  If there's a smudge on the counter, screw it.  Is the toilet lid down - don't know, don't care.  A huge learning experience for me and I hope that I remember this as times return to normal!

It was sad to drop my mom off this evening.  Thankfully, she did take Meade with her and Gregory and I will go to their house tomorrow after work so that I have help Friday.  While some days are really difficult, I am noticing improvements which is all I can ask for.  The icing on the cake today is that David and Maria brought over supper - we are good to go for several more nights.  Boy is my family lucky!  I am hopeful that tomorrow, Dr. C can offer some medication to help in managing the headaches on top of news that this sweet baby is still perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment