Friday, May 14, 2021

still pitiful

Well, I didn't get better overnight.  I am much the same, but even more concerning, I went to eat dessert last night and realized that I have absolutely no taste.  I tried to smell things around me that one could discern by just the sense in their nose and nothing there as well.  I spent a couple of hours googling the vaccine in the middle of the night.  Can the vaccine cause losing senses of taste and smell, too?  All signs pointed to no.  This was very concerning.  I also took time to make an appointment, just in case, at CVS in Kilmarnock for a COVID test.  I'm sure it will come back negative, but we have to be sure of that and if for some reason if it is positive, I need to quarantine and address every other aspect of my life in the meantime.

I just got home from my appointment.  To my surprise, the drive through at CVS was super easy.  Unfortunately, this was not the rapid test so I will have to wait 1-3 days for results.  The lady at the pharmacy said I should get them tomorrow.  I'm pretty miserable, though.  It is kind of funny to hear people walk by me and tell me how I look like shit.  Guess I should be thankful that isn't a normal occurrence and if I look a quarter of the way I feel, I know it must be awful.  I plan to spend the remainder of the day in bed, letting everyone else take my motherly responsibilities and my only task is to try and gain strength and get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment