Sunday, May 16, 2021

logistical nightmare

Trying to figure all of this out is a mess.  The kids got tested this morning and are both negative - thank God!  

I put in calls to both the CDC and the VDH and information coming from them is contradictory - even what is showing on the website verses what they are telling me.  In their defense, everything is changing all of the time so it is hard to determine what is the current guidance.

That said, a nurse at the VDH called me this afternoon.  She was very nice and helpful.  She let me know that due to the date my symptoms started (last Sunday), I will technically be on day 12 this Wednesday and as long as I don't have a fever, which I haven't since Tuesday, and other symptoms are improving, I can technically end quarantine and resume normalcy this Wednesday.  

I have informed work via text message and let them know I will work as much as I can this week but I have to prioritize my own health, which is most importantly rest right now.  Jacob informed his work and he cannot return until the nurse with Henrico calls him back and says it is okay (basically checking his vaccination records).  I texted both the director at daycare and Gregory's teacher.  They have both indicated that the kids cannot return this week, but I will have to give more information about an actual return date.  The nurse from Gregory's school is to call me tomorrow.  

Also, Dr. C's nurse will call tomorrow to let me know if I can still attend my OB appointment scheduled for Thursday the 27th.  Meade is scheduled to go to a reverse inclusion preschool evaluation at Gregory's school next Thursday, too, which is also up in the air.  

The unknown stresses me out more than just the issue of being miserable.  Somehow, someway we will get through it.  Please continue to pray with me that this sweet little girl will be unaffected.

No comments:

Post a Comment