Tuesday, November 9, 2021

distractions

I'm downstairs listening to Granny read to the children.  Gregory is doing so well reading on his own, but sometimes getting him to do so is a feat.  Granny bribes them with M&Ms to read sometimes.  I look the other way because I want them to learn to love to read.  

It has been an okay day.  Mom and I went to the grocery store early and grabbed a few random items and also gift cards for Gregory's soccer coach's end of the year gift.  I am glad that I am heading up that effort.  I ordered a nice print from etsy last night and a frame from amazon to put it in.  I'll get the team to sign their names on the matting.  

Mom was a rock star getting several more thank you notes in the mail.  It has gotten to the point that all of the ones she has left, she physically needs to do.  I have finished mine for now, but more and more come in each day in which I need to acknowledge.  

I felt the need to reach out to a couple of friends that I saw last night - I feel so rude.  It is really strange, but it is easier for me to talk to people I don't really know at this time.  I can usually keep my composure with them.  When people I know want to chat, I lose my shit quickly, so I don't engage at all.  I know, it is not the best technique, but what I have to do for right now.  Our friends were so kind and understanding when I simply apologized.  They went further to say that they were hurting for me, not hurt by me.  That resonates and makes me feel a tad better.  I do, though, feel like an awful friend.

On the way to grab the kids, I finally connected with our nurse, Kim from Shady Grove.  Her colleague is a friend of mine on facebook (we realized this over the summer).  My friend had reached out to her to let her know of Ricky's death and also the birth of Makenna.  Kim was beyond kind and sweet, saying all the right things when prefacing it with the fact that she had no words to address our last couple of weeks.

I took the kids over to the the church to play so that mom could meet via telephone with her psychiatrist - she really needs to address what is going on and make sure that her meds are right at this time.  It was good to have some time to just think out in the nature with the kids happy yelling around me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment