Thursday, November 25, 2021

so thankful

We changed our plans to head to Mom and Dad's early for Thanksgiving.  I mentioned my struggles of patience and such to Bethany and said that Meade had a cough.  I think that scared her so much and she said that they would not go to the family Thanksgiving.  That wouldn't be fair.  Everyone wants to be with that baby and I decided that we would wait and make the decision yesterday.  Meade's cough is not better, so we opted not to go there.  Thank goodness for Nana - she took everything we had made for that gathering (even baking one dish) and made sure it got to Dan and Christen's.

It was a really quiet, yet nice day.  Meade was still feeling pretty crummy, so she opted to stay inside and play alone while the boys played out in the woods most of the day.  They kept talking about their forts, the "shop," etc. and all they were doing out there so I asked Gregory to draw me a map of their stuff.  It is precious.  

A couple of times during the day, Mom and Dad were sad, but I didn't let my emotions get to me.  I spent a lot of time doing a puzzle and keeping to myself.  It doesn't feel like Ricky is really gone - just that he isn't here with us right now.  Regardless, it is nice to be with my family at this time.

I was a little relieved that we didn't go to Jacob's family for Thanksgiving.  I wanted so badly to see the baby, but understood that Meade being around with a cold wasn't the best idea.  I am so very thankful for all of them and especially how we have bonded together over the last two years.  What a major blessing we have in baby Makenna.  I couldn't ask for more, except for Ricky to be here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment