Tuesday, November 2, 2021

all the help

None of this would be possible without the constant help and support from others.  The past two days have been tough physically and emotionally, but thanks to Nana and Aunt Shug here to help me and Mom, they have been bearable.  

Never once have I felt like I had to be up and on top of things.  Everyone else just took care of everything.  We are continuing to get flowers, meals, etc. and it is nice to not have to be there to greet everyone.  Sunday, Dad and Sarah had brought the collage that my cousin's wife, Angie, had made for the funeral home.  I am delighted and sad at the same time when I peek at that each time walking through the kitchen.  It is perfect and so sweet.  I love it.

Physically, today has been rough.  I woke up with two bowling balls on my chest.  It was hard to breathe and I wasn't sure what was going on until I rolled over and realized that those bowling balls were my boobs.  My milk had never really come in with my two so this was new territory for me.  Aunt Shug came around 11 and we asked her to grab cabbage for me to put in my bra.  I will do anything at this point.

I also called Dr. C and left a message to see if I could get the prescription to help dry up the milk.  On top of the boobs being engorged, tight, and unbearably sore, the ducts that I have had in my arm pits the entire pregnancy are the same.  They are awful.  It hurts so bad to put deodorant on.  In looking at them, they are so tight and rigid.  It is hard to explain.  I am thankful I haven't had to deal with this before and feel for all the other moms that have.  What a disaster!  I am hoping that the nurse calls back with that prescription soon.  

Aunt Shug drove me over to vote.  While it wasn't super painful, I was just slow and we told them that I had just had surgery so I would move a little slower than normal.  Everyone was fine with it.  Mr. Bruce and Ms. Sue, our across the street neighbors that actually know Uncle Bobby from coaching days and then we realized graduated from Bridgewater with Nana and Mr. Tulli, are bringing over a pizza for supper tonight.  

I know I have said it before, but our village is the best.  It continues to widen and we couldn't be more appreciative for all of the love provided in addition to everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment