Saturday, November 13, 2021

home on the water

It was so nice and relaxing to be home with my parents.  Mom and Dad don't let me lift a finger to help with anything - around the house or with the children.  I literally sat on my bottom most of the last couple of days, doing different puzzles.  I am feeling pretty good.  I was worried about breaking down while there, but I held it together.  

Dad picked up Ricky's son and he joined us Friday evening.  I think we all were worried about him being there for the first time since his dad passed and figured it would be best to have my children there as a distraction.  Dad said he got teary when he left his mom, but everything went well once he got on the road.  The nighttime routine was what we were dreading.  Ricky's son always slept with him.  He said he wanted to sleep with Gregory, which was fine, but they couldn't both go up awake at the same time.  

Mom had him stay up a little bit later and read with him for a while until Gregory was asleep and then put him in bed with Gregory.  I was waiting to hear him yell all night long for his dad, he often did this anytime is dad got out of bed.  Thankfully, there were no issues.  We got up and did the morning routine without problems.  

My family had to leave early to get Gregory back for his last soccer game.  It was fun to watch him play with both Nana and cousin, boy Meade.  Meade even brought little Bear.  I was looking forward to it because I had the coaches gifts - one for all kids to sign - and cookies for each family.

Once we got home, I was a vegetable on the couch.  I took a nap, woke up for a bit and took another nap.  I guess I was tired.  Now, I am wide awake and it is way past my bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment