Sunday, November 21, 2021

weekend fun

This weekend we were able to have a few things planned to keep the kids occupied.  Mom called Saturday morning and asked me to come down and go fishing with Dad on Sunday.  I wanted to go so badly but didn’t want to be on the road for three hours plus freeze out in the bay.  It made sense to decline for now and find family stuff to do at home. 

Yesterday, Jacob took Meade to see the high school adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.  It was an abbreviated matinee specifically for children.  Jacob’s friend from a long time ago was selling the tickets because her daughter was Belle.  I think it was a really nice outing for Jacob and Meade to have together.  She even got to take a picture with Belle!

Gregory and I stayed home until the cleaning crew left. We scheduled the house cleaning thanks to our generous friends that gifted it to us a few weeks ago amidst all of the craziness.  I can’t think of a more thoughtful thing, especially when meals are coming out of our ears.  

Once the cleaning ladies left, Gregory and I went on a nature walk at the Totopotomy trail. It was nice to have some alone time with him, all while getting some exercise.  

Saturday evening, we had planned to go to a friends house for kid play and supper.  It ended up turning into a Friendsgiving of sorts with another family and the host’s parents.  It was nice to be with the other families and since one of the gals is from home, we could talk openly about Ricky.  There was some baby/surgery talk too, but not too much.  

At one point, I had to take a break and go outside.  Im just not myself, especially in social situations.  Thankfully, everyone understood.  It was such a low key environment where I was comfortable we even stayed out past bedtime.  

Today, since I declined fishing, even though my heart wanted so badly to be on the water with Dad, we had a couple of fun, impromptu activities.

I invited the families we were with last night to send their kids over to bake cookies for their teachers for thanksgiving.  It was so nice to stay busy, see the kids have fun, and let them play freely for a while.  I think everyone had fun.  Then, we were lucky to have Aunt Shut and bear come play this afternoon.  

Alison and I talked a lot about everything, especially Ricky.  She brought up some things I hadn’t thought of, which made me think.  I just wish that I wasn’t in this place of grief.  I know it gets better and it will - I just hate this in between stage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment