Saturday, November 6, 2021

normal saturday

Well, what is "normal" anymore?  I don't know.  Without Mom, we tried to find some normalcy in our day.  Gregory had a soccer game this morning and so we went as a family.  I am slow walking out to the field, but it was good to get out.  If only the sun was shining.  It was freezing out there with the wind.  Gregory was a jackass on the field - not paying attention and when he was, he wasn't hustling.  I think all of the kids were a little off because of the chill.

I ended up taking a long nap on the couch and Jacob did everything with the children - thank goodness for him.  My body is still pretty sore, but I don't have to take the pain meds around the clock anymore, which is nice.  

This evening, a family friend and now colleague, dropped off supper to us from a local BBQ joint.  Jacob was so happy to have some man food for supper.  I will tell you, nothing beats well seasoned (i.e. bacon) green beans!  I could have eaten the whole pint of those on my own.  It was really nice to see Sarah and get a hug from her.  Even though she delivered, the meal was provided by my team at work that I left in July.  While I'm no longer working directly with them, they remain great friends and now support to me.

As much as we needed a break, I miss my parents.  I want my Mom back.  I wish we could all be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment