Thursday, November 4, 2021

zooming through

Since Meade's class is on quarantine, we have had the pleasure of introducing Zoom to her for two different half hours this morning.  It hasn't been fun for us, but she has enjoyed both circle time with her friends as well as story time.  Story time was nostalgic as they read Goodnight Moon.  

Once this was over, my dad's cousin that lives down the road stopped by.  Sue is the nicest person you'll ever meet!  She came bearing tons of gifts - coloring stuff and games for the children, the softest throw blanket for me and even a gift for baby Makenna.  The time we spent with Sue talking about our family was just what the doctor ordered.  

Mom and I are doing our best to be strong for one another.  We have our moments, but that is to be expected.  My boobs are still excruciatingly sore - I sure hope that this gets resolved soon.  The nurse did call back and I was less than pleased.  Apparently, Dr. C does not believe that there is a medicine that will help the milk dry up and I just have to keep doing tylenol and motrin for the pain.  I got pissed with the nurse and when she didn't understand, I even used the f word.  Goodness, I had no idea of this pain and I just need some relief.  I was somewhat embarrassed by my language, but on the other hand, it shouldn't take 24 hours to get word that there is nothing that can be done.

This evening, Steve and Cheryl brought more suppers.  We had a delicious Tuscan Shrimp dish that was amazing.  We also froze a crockpot chicken dish that we can take out of the freezer in the future.  Our time with them was really nice as well.  They are so generous to us!  They even reminded us that when I am feeling better, they really want to come over and watch the children so we can go out to supper, just Jacob and me.  

My emotions are still at bay.  I know there is so much to process, but I fear that if things don't start happening, I am going to break one day.  The good thing is that I don't really feel any postpartum blues.  I didn't expect to, but all of this is new territory for me.  I must be thankful for that, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment