Monday, March 22, 2021

band aids

I can't tell you how often we go through boxes of band aids in this house.  The smallest things MUST have a band aid on them in order for them to heal.  Just for it to fall off (because they don't stick to the bottom of your foot for very long) and need to be replaced.  They're such a hot commodity around here, I opt for the Kroger brand, which seem to be just fine for our needs.  Until they aren't.  

I started to think that I was having an allergic reaction to my injections because later in the evening, after taking the shot in the morning, my bottom would itch so bad.  I would take the band aid off and there would be a sizeable welt.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, then the welt would take the shape of the band aid - which was really odd.  The last two shots I have given myself, I have opted for no band aid - just to hold a paper towel there for a moment or so until the excess oil and blood stop flowing and then go on with my day.  Voila - no more issues.  Maybe I am allergic to latex or something all of a sudden?  That is all I can think, but I never have a problem when the ladies that get my blood wear gloves?  Who knows?  All of this to say, no more band aids on my bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment