Sunday, March 21, 2021

time for me

This weekend, I headed down to my parents with the kids.  Jacob isn't keen on going as much during the colder months, which I totally understand. The kids still enjoy it so I like to give him a break.  The problem is that it isn't always relaxing for me.  This weekend was the calm that my heart has desired for several weeks now.

The children were great and I cannot emphasize that enough.  Between feeling crummy and being tired all of the time, they tend to feed off of me and also get cranky.  Well, let me tell you - they listened, they helped, they played well with each other, they were fun to be around - it was beautiful.  They played outside together, got super dirty, we went on a little nature walk, explored some back roads, and just took it easy.  My parents also forced me to relax more.  Any time the kids needed something my mom was the first to jump up saying she would take care of it.  I started to feel bad about it, but I think it gave her purpose and she was enjoying it for the most part.

While the kids were entertained, my parents, cousin, and I did three different puzzles (750, 1000, and 2000 pieces - I had to leave Sunday before that one was finished).  There's something about being in my thoughts listening to my dad mumble and complain when he can't find the piece he is looking for - it brings so much joy to my heart.  During those times, my mom would listen to me burp and say excuse me time after time to tell me that I was actually having indigestion.  I had no idea, I just knew I was burping a lot and yeah it was uncomfortable but it was normal.  She gave me some tums and they worked almost like magic!

I did not want to come home today.  We all missed Jacob, so we did want to come back to see him, but there was such a sense of peace and easiness that I didn't want to leave.  

No comments:

Post a Comment