Tuesday, March 9, 2021

nervous nelly

I must say, I am quite nervous these days.  I feel like crap, my boobs hurt - they are not just tender anymore - and my mind is running a mile a minute.  Back in August, I never gave this step of waiting a second thought - I just knew we were fine, until we weren't.  Next Tuesday is a huge day.  If we can see a heartbeat with the vaginal ultrasound it will be the furthest we have gotten.  Of course, I will likely have these nervous feelings through about 30 weeks of pregnancy (when the baby can be born and survive outside of me).  

Our appointment on the 16th is at 6w4d (six weeks, four days).  In August, I believe that we were at 7w1d for the first ultrasound for heartbeat detection, which really meant it wasn't likely we would see the heartbeat at a later date.  Should we get a heartbeat, there will be an additional ultrasound at 8.5 weeks to confirm once again.  

From what Kim says, I just need to stay on the current medicine regimen, none of which is that bad.  Frankly, I would rather have the shots everyday than the vaginal suppositories - those are just gross.  I always knew about implantation bleeding or spotting initially, but Kim mentioned that as the placenta continues to grow, it is constantly implanting into new parts of my uterus, which could denote spotting/bleeding for weeks to come.  Even though it is common, I think it is normal for anyone to experience bleeding to panic.  Kim reassured me that I should reach out to her if I experience any of this, but I should not worry.  Should I have bright red bleeding for any given length of time, then I need to reach out right away.  It isn't necessarily a bad sign, but is alarming and they may want to do additional testing.  

Continued prayers for seeing a flutter of a heartbeat on the ultrasound screen next Tuesday!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Prayers will continue... Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete