Tuesday, March 30, 2021

a second confirmation

I am beyond thankful today!  We had our 8.5 week check and we were able to see a little wiggly fetus with a heartbeat of 169!  Of course, the baby is still growing but we saw a big head, large abdomen, and where the nubs of the legs are beginning to form.  Besides confirming that the baby continues to thrive was probably the best news I could get this whole journey - I can feel good and not worry that there is something wrong.  I can't imagine better relief at this point.

Bethany and Phillip were able to FaceTime in for the appointment and it was just awesome.  All of us were stunned that we got good news, but so happy to continue on.  Kim called me this afternoon and while I missed her call, she wished us all of the congratulations in the world and let me know that I am graduating to my OB.  There is no need for me to be monitored any longer at Shady Grove.  I will continue my meds until next Friday, the 9th, when I will be at 10 weeks.  Kim was so sweet to say that she would love to be updated as things continue to progress but she always understands if there isn't time for that.  In fact, she said that if she never hears from us again, it means that we have succeeded and she couldn't be more thrilled.

Hoping that the next weeks continue as the last couple have - I keep feeling good and we progress to the next step with a healthy little baby aboard!

1 comment: