Thursday, March 18, 2021

empathy

You know what is really difficult about this journey, is the empathy I now have for others on similar paths.  I woke up this morning to a tough message from a friend letting me know that they got unfortunate news yesterday.  I am not sure exactly what that means, but I do know that I am sure they are heartbroken.  We have all been there on our rollercoaster, too.  Several times.  

My heart aches for them.  There is nothing I can do to ease their pain or tell them to keep fucking going or that it will all be okay.  I've said this many times as I grieve with those around me, but sometimes I would rather deal with the pain and let them experience the joy.  I know I can handle it and it hurts me knowing what they're experiencing and that there is nothing I can do or say to make it better.  While this image is something I created years ago, I feel it is very relevant in this situation, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment