Tuesday, March 23, 2021

spoiled

I am going to be so spoiled this week!  This afternoon, Bethany's parents stopped by with a pot roast in the crockpot, a spaghetti pie, some vegetable soup and coleslaw and a peanut butter pie!  I am not going to have to cook for the rest of the week!  That is huge!  A whole week!!  I am lazy in that I will cook maybe 3 times a week and we eat leftovers the other days, but not having to cook for at least four days - I am in heaven!

Not to mention that pot roast is delicious!  We had that tonight, saving the spaghetti pie for later in the week.  I shouldn't have told Jacob about the peanut butter pie - I think we will fight over it until the last bite - it is that good!  

What a relief to have people in our lives that want to go out of their way to do something kind for us.  We are not on this journey to gain anything in return (well, except personal satisfaction to have realized my purpose in life).  However, the outpouring of love, support, meals, etc. is phenomenal.  Beyond the meals, getting hugs from both Cheryl and Steve and being able to visit with them for a few minutes was so wonderful.  

How lucky we are!

1 comment: