Sunday, October 31, 2021

good to be home

Discharge went faster than I thought it would.  Since there wasn't the dual discharge of me and baby together, everything was much smoother.  There was no coordination between the OB and the Ped staff.  All of the extra paperwork for baby since I am just the gestational carrier was completed before they discharged yesterday.

I was in constant contact with my dad and cousin who were dropping off my aunt from Florida off at the airport.  My hope was that they could swing by the hospital and grab me.  It all worked out perfectly.  They were going to grab breakfast but didn't even have time to do that.  I was ready to be discharged and they were on their way.  They scooped me up, along with the beautiful flower arrangement that my dad sent yesterday.  He also sent a teddy bear, balloon, and an edible arrangement that I gave to the hospital staff once mom, Bethany and Phillip had what they wanted.  Dad was so damned proud and happy through the tears.  It bothered me he sent all of that, but it made him happy so I had to just sit back and be thankful.

We got home and the kids were eating donuts that Aunt Leigh grabbed them after they just went out for breakfast.  These kids are so spoiled.  

I was tired and needed to lie down, but a call came in.  It looked like the number from the school, but I thought they would not be calling on a weekend.  Boy was I wrong.  It was the principal, nonetheless, informing us that Meade was exposed to someone with COVID on Tuesday and that she would need to be out until the 8th.  Ugh, I guess it is good that I am already home and Mom is here with me.  That said, we couldn't let the children trick or treat with friends until we got a negative result back from a rapid test.  

Poor Jacob, he was on point to get those done.  We realized we couldn't schedule anything but KidMed was accepting walk ins.  We finally got the results we hoped for, everyone was negative.  Plans switched and instead of going to one friends' house, Jacob decided on a closer option to go trick or treating for a little bit with another set of friends and would return with enough time to go to a few houses right on our street.

Mom and I had chairs at the end of the driveway and gave out candy to the few trick or treaters that we had.  I was surprised by the little number of kids - I have no idea where they all went instead.  Neighbors came out to check on me and my mom and it was a really nice time.  We didn't stay out for too long and only until Jacob and the kids returned from going down the street here.  

It has been a long day and I basically came straight to bed.  I wish the kids had school tomorrow, but they are out tomorrow for a teacher workday and then Tuesday for election day.  Thankfully, Nana is helping us tomorrow and Aunt Shug on Tuesday.  Somehow, someway, we will make it through. Hopefully, with some sleep sprinkled in here and there.

I went upstairs and laid down for a little bit so I could get some rest before the evening Halloween festivities.  Jacob and my mom got each of the children dressed and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment