Wednesday, December 22, 2021

back home

I had planned to take our kids and Renn down to Mom and Dads for a few days.  The weather looked to be pretty good, albeit cold and we had a couple of activities to do with them.  Jacob and Renn's mom can both get a little break before Christmas.  It was good to be with Mom and Dad.  The boys played in the woods a decent bit.  I know they froze, but they loved every second of it.  Meade opted to be indoors playing as she is getting over a little cold.

Together, we painted cookies one afternoon and throughout the time, the kids and I filled in the pages of a "Why I Love my Dad" book.  I had gotten these back in October and planned to give them to Jacob and Ricky for Christmas.  I will give Jacob his, but I will keep Ricky's to return to Renn when he gets older.  I love that he has asked me to write down a few little memories of what they enjoyed together so he will have it forever.

By this morning, I couldn't wait to get home.  The three of these kids are crazy together.  To be honest, they were really pretty good the first couple of days.  They had their limit of each other and I was the same with each of them. I need some time to myself.  Maybe since I am not walking in the mornings anymore, I am craving me-time when I normally wouldn't.  That is literally what I look most forward to these days.  You know the saying you can't always get what you want...well 'tis true.  

I'm constantly overwhelmed, but it eases when I look at what is left on the to-do list.  Then, it goes right back to overload.  Tomorrow I will run a few errands.  Friday I will pick up lunch.  No real prep (other than desserts).  No plans Christmas day!  Then, a couple of family events on the 26th and 27th.  No reason to stress.

I was glad to get away.  I am glad to be home.  I will be really happy to get a nap in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment