Sunday, December 19, 2021

give me time

Today was nice.  We went to some friends to decorate Christmas cookies with all of the children.  I struggled but tried my damnedest to get over myself and enjoy the time.  When things were wrapping up, and I was obviously lollygagging on leaving, we were offered to stay for lunch.  I let Jacob make the decision, which I thought was good for me because I probably would have said no, even knowing that easy, social interaction is what I truly needed.  We likely stayed well beyond our welcome, but enjoyed the time there.  These friends just make everything about the experience easy.  You can't get much better than that.

I was thankful that this afternoon we didn't have plans.  Jacob watched football and I puzzled.  The kids played and did their own thing.  My mind had lots of time on its own - never a good thing.  My insecurities are really getting to me.  It got so bad that I even texted Bethany thanking them again for the wonderful time together this past week but also asking her not to give up on me - I vow to be better as soon as possible to be more present, but it will take time.  

I think that the therapist in Bethany immediately came out.  She acknowledged my feelings and assured me that they would never stop loving me.  We are now family and I can't get rid of them. It felt so awkward to say that so then I started apologizing.  It is this constant cycle of thinking/speaking things and then frustrated that they even crossed my mind.  It makes no sense.  The fact that I can think it through at this time means that I realize what's going on - I just can't stop it.

I don't know if anyone reads this anymore, it is important to know that I commit to you that I will return to the person you knew.  I promise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment