Sunday, December 5, 2021

"i am fantastic"

The entire weekend was really nice.  I didn't feel like I had to do anything and jumped from the puzzle to throwing dice, to relaxing on the couch, etc.  The others went into town to a few shops and I just didn't feel like it so I didn't go.  Mom and Dad are wonderful hosts, too.  They wouldn't let me do anything.  Alison had brought most of the food and had a spread when we got there Friday night and together she and my mom made a delicious shrimp scampi Saturday evening.  Dad was on point making sandwiches for lunch and mom, as always, served breakfast both days.  

I am still really nervous about my appointment next weekend and what lies ahead.  Who knew this weekend we were getting gifts!  Angie brought us all some Christmas socks, Mom got us this wonderful LL Bean tote bag (like a make up bag), and Alison gave me a really special gift.  I opened a rock with "MP" written on it.  Alison has recognized that Mary Pat in Baltimore has been a rock of mine for years.  She wanted to memorialize that and also told me that she was giving me two days in Baltimore without the children.  She would pay for the train or whatever way I went (even gave me Charles' schedule to go up and back to New Jersey for work).  She would also take care of the children while I was gone so it wasn't too much on Jacob.  Wow.  Amazing, however, it stresses me a out a little bit because so much is so uncertain right now.  Either way, hopefully I can take advantage of this in January.

The absolute best part of the weekend was hearing Angie's dream.  Angie is a hospice social worker and has a good connection to the spirit side, often dreaming about her clients or others that have died.  She told me that Ricky came to her in her dream and I couldn't wait to hear it.  She told the story several times over the weekend so that everyone could hear and while it brought me to tears each time, it provided me with so much peace.

Ang said that she was at a neighborhood festival, low key with face painting, bounce houses, etc.  She was walking down the street and saw Ricky out of the blue.  He immediately extended his arms and yelled Angie and followed up with a big bear hug.  It was totally normal and exactly what Ricky would have done.  Angie asked Rick how he was doing and he had a huge smile on his face and said "I am fantastic!"  He said that his head has never been so clear in all of his life and he is great.

This is what I needed to hear.  I am so insecure right now, I will probably ask for her to tell me this over and over and I hope she doesn't mind.  This, my friends, was my greatest gift of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment