Friday, December 3, 2021

quarantine news

Before I could get out of the house today, the principal called and said that Gregory was exposed Tuesday to a student that is now diagnosed with COVID.  Lucky us.  Even though he got his second shot the same day, he is not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after that.  The principal did confirm that should he get exposed in the future, he would not have to quarantine due to being vaccinated.  I feel so bad for the principal, having to make these calls after hours all of the time.  No one wants to receive the call and yes it is frustrating, but imagine having to be the bearer of bad news over and over again.  Not a job I would want to have.  

Jacob was going to take the kids to a friends house tonight to see Santa on the fire truck.  With the news of the exposure, the other families were not okay with them being there so Jacob had to think quickly on his toes, especially because the kids were so excited to see their friends.  A trip to Little Caesars to pick up pizza and staying up late outside with the neighbors ended up being a good night for them.  And, the big bag of cookies we were going to take to our friends, the children gave to the firemen.  That warmed my heart.  

We just got to my parents house and delivered a meal to neighbors down here because the husband had back surgery a few months ago and the wife just fell and broke her leg on Thanksgiving.  It is the least we could do.

The drive down with my aunt and my cousin's wife was nice.  I was nervous and asked Alison to go step by step on the day that Ricky died so that I understood what was going on in the background while everyone was trying to keep me insulated until I got home.  It doesn't change anything, but I like to know.  Now, I hope to relax and just have fun this weekend.  Another aunt and cousin come tomorrow and I can't wait to have some downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment