Friday, December 17, 2021

change of plans

I have been looking forward to lunch with Maria, at Amuse (The Jefferson has all reservations taken through the new year), for weeks now.  Much of that was my fault in committing to a date and time because there has been so much uncertainty.  Regardless, I was excited to get dressed, maybe put some make up on and enjoy time with Maria.

Until school called.  Of course they would - it is the day before break for goodness sake!  Meade has been itching all over and complaining of her heart going super fast.  Obviously, it sounds like an allergic reaction to something.  We have no idea.  I called the pediatrician and they directed me to the ER - likely a CYA since I mentioned the racing of her heart.  

I called Jacob and he was leaving work to meet me there.  He ended up going to the hospital ER when I was at the freestanding ER - I love how well men listen.  All of her vitals were perfect the entire time we were there (which thankfully wasn't too long).  Perfect scores on an EKG and a chest Xray meant we could leave and she could go back to school so she wouldn't miss her Winter Party.

I don't have plans often and this is why.  You just never know.  I have to remember that I didn't have a lot more logistical issues since I am off of work.  Deep breaths...

No comments:

Post a Comment