Saturday, December 11, 2021

Jacob's birthday

The last couple of days have been nice at the river.  My parents got Renn yesterday afternoon, after school and the kids were able to play last evening and again this morning.  We had a special day ahead of us, though.  Today is Jacob's birthday and he needs to be celebrated.

Lucky for him, we had gotten tickets with a couple of other families at Lewis Ginter to see the lights.  Not so lucky, it was pouring rain.  We made the best of it, in our rain jackets and boots.  The kids had a blast.  I was over it pretty quickly, but we made the best of it.  I will say that it is a birthday we will never forget!  I think it will take a week to dry out completely.  

Before the wet festivities, the kids each helped me to bake Jacob's cake.  He requested multi layers of both white and chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream.  We are actually waiting to try it until tomorrow when we have a meal together.  

I complain a lot about Jacob, but I don't take for granted all he does, our friendship and our love.  I hope that his 47th year is amazing, especially since the last one has been difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment