Thursday, November 26, 2020

sad thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for this year.  I have learned more about myself in the last 15 months than I ever could have imagined.  I am in a good place.  Today, finding that place is a little more difficult.  I know that Bethany, Phillip and their families are distraught.  Regardless of it all, none of us will lose hope or give up.  I knew that while Bethany and Phillip are close right now, it is not a good time to see each other considering COVID.  That said, I just felt like I couldn’t sit around and do nothing.  Instead, I baked them some cookies and dropped off a heartfelt card for them to read when they had a moment. 

I am so sad and still so confused and completely exhausted.  How?  Why?  It doesn’t make sense.  None of this matters, though.  None of us are ready to throw in the towel and persevere we will. 

It was a very nice, quaint Thanksgiving for us.  Despite all of the feelings, we had my brother and parents over for a non-traditional get together.  It was awesome without the normal stuff – we had shrimp and corn chowder, salad, rolls, and cheesecake.  Everything was delicious and of course, I ate entirely too much and felt like hell the remainder of the day.  However, it still feels like pregnancy symptoms to me.  When will they stop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment