Monday, November 30, 2020

brief pause

Dr. Nair called Bethany this morning and followed up with a voicemail to me - unfortunately, life goes on and work comes first.  Even thought I wasn't able to speak to Dr. Nair, it was evident that she was just as sad as the rest of us that this transfer didn't come to fruition.  While we will never know the reasons as to why (nor should we contemplate them), Dr. Nair believes that my body did not have enough time to rest after the miscarriage in August/September.  Due to this, they have suggested and Bethany, Phillip and I understand that we need to take a little time out to let my body continue to heal.

This means that there will be no meds for at least a month. I will wait for my next period in 4 weeks or so and once that comes, we will talk about the next timeline for transfer.  That said, most likely, it will put us into February for another trip up to Rockville.  

It has taken me most of the day to wrap my head around this.  I am so damned impatient, but I trust Dr. Nair and also know that my body needs some time.  It has been a rollercoaster both physically and emotionally and I need to rest a little.  It is harder when I am thinking about my next shot or medicine regimen.  The more I think about it, this will be good for all of us, even though I wanted it to work yesterday.

Everything happens for a reason and I still truly believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment