Wednesday, November 11, 2020

transfer plans

I got pretty nervous today.  I was waiting to hear from Kim with our appointment time for Friday and she called but I was on a call for work so could not take it.  Then, I got an email from her asking for my weight as transfer could not be scheduled until that was in the system.  The last weigh in they had in my chart was from June.  Well, I was a nervous wreck.  Do I tell them the truth or tell them that I am at 190 – where I needed to be for the shared risk program?  Frankly, I am at 192, but will be at 190 by Friday.  I was hesitant o return anything on email to ensure there was no paper trail and called Kim and left her a message.

Toward the end of the workday, she returned my call and explained to me that the weight is only to schedule the transfer and to know where I was in case there needed to be any emergency surgery or anything. I told her where I was and I am not sure what she told the scheduler, but while we were on the phone, she gave me the time of 1215.  I need to be there at 1145.  Same routine as last time – empty my bladder an hour before my appointment and drink 16 ounces of water before the time so that the bladder is filled to the right capacity during the transfer.

It is always so wonderful to talk to Kim – I just adore her.  We already set my bloodwork appointment for November 25th and she was quick to say that we should have something to be extra thankful for as we are with our families for Thanksgiving the following day.  I hope she is right!  I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment