Tuesday, February 8, 2022

ask, seek, knock

In my Bible study last night, I found a verse that spoke to me.  In Matthew, it is stated that we have the responsibility to God to ask things of Him, seek His presence, and knock on His door.  What is strikingly obvious in the scripture, but not always in our minds is the knocking part.  I pray a good bit.  I always ask for guidance and for God to be with me and those that I love.  I also ask for other, more specific things.  However, when I ask for those things, am I acting in a way that helps make me realize those items?  If I am not doing my part, how can God?

I have a lot of knocking to do, for sure.  I think I am on track to get where I need to be, but what I don't know is where that is.  I know what I want.  I want to be at peace and happy with my life.  Of course, there will always be moments of frustration or discontent, but that doesn't mater when I look at the big picture.  Those things that make me reel are also what will make me grow, becoming that person that I strive to be.  How can I make sure I am taking the right steps so that what I knock on God's door about he can help to work through me?

This simple, yet profound verse got me last night.  Not only do I need to strengthen my relationship with God, but I need to put in the work to be what he desires me to be.  When that happens, the peace and happiness are bound to be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment