Sunday, February 6, 2022

loads of fun

Friday, I didn't get back online after school and took the kids down to my parents' for the weekend.  We picked up Renn on the way and set out for a good time.  It was unknown to them, but we had scheduled a fun time at Compass yesterday.  The kids were awful.  I am so sick of them being entitled little brats.  When Gregory gets around Renn, he is constantly trying to show off and is utterly disrespectful and bad.  I can handle the bad, all kids are bad sometimes.  What throws me out of sorts is when they are disrespectful.

I was yelled at, spit at, and otherwise simply ignored.  Oh man, I feel like I had never yelled so much.  I sat all three kids down after bath and told them that that behavior would not be tolerated and if it didn't get better we weren't going to do the fun things we had planned.

Saturday went well and we had so much fun!  We got to Compass right when they opened.  I bought the kids passes to the Fun Zone and they played and played.  We got tickets to the showing of Sing 2.  The kids played until the previews started and came into the theater ready to watch the movie with popcorn and drinks already there.  We even met a couple of friends there that were coming to visit.  After the movie, which was cute (until I fell asleep - those chairs offer the best damn naps ever - I highly recommend the nap for the price of a movie ticket!), the kids went back into the fun zone for thirty more minutes or so.  

Our friends came back to mom and dad's and we laid low while the children played.  It was nice to have the extra child there (and a girl) so that it was two and two, verses the three in which never really works out well, but it is all we got!  

Jimmy, Ricky's best friend who is also like a brother to me, joined us for supper along with Sarah.  After the kids got settled, we played cards and had a grand old time!  This morning was a little more difficult because Gregory was back on his high horse.  He was sent to his room and after more spitting and yelling, I asked Dad to go up and talk to him.  He did.  I am not sure it made a huge difference, but it is good to be back home now where Jacob can take care of the kids for a little bit.  In fact, I just got up from a little nap on the couch!  

We had lots of fun this weekend but I also realized that I have got to work on my children more with manners and simple respect - this should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment