Tuesday, February 22, 2022

a pity party

I sent Meade to school with a list of items to work on.  I had let the teacher know that I had scheduled the first available appointment for counseling but am trying to also find something sooner.  Barely any therapists take insurance anymore – they don’t have to.  People will pay out of pocket and dealing with reimbursement from insurance is a pure pain in the ass.  Just research it.  The behavioral health system right now is all out of whack.  Embarrassingly, I work for a company that is one of those barriers to receiving the care we need.

I sent a message to check in and a litany of items were returned about how she fell short.  I was frustrated and returned a message telling her to tell me to just take her out.  I can’t go through the roller coaster any longer.  Maybe we are just spinning our wheels at this point?

I asked for a face to face conference with Meade.  I think it resonates more when the three are in the same room verses two of us talking behind the scenes and then trying to get through to Meade.  I was told that she didn’t think it would be beneficial at this time for the three of us to meet to go over her issues.  She did suggest a meeting with the “lead” teacher, to which I said I will meet with her and you don’t have to be in the middle.  Why would she want to meet with the lead teacher there but not with  me directly?  She gave the lead my phone number.

Throughout the day, I cried and cried.  When the kids got home, I cried more, in front of them.  I lost it at the supper table.  I am having an extremely difficult time controlling my emotions.  Oh, the joys of parenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment