Monday, February 7, 2022

green faith

I didn't want to do my 7pm bible study tonight, but I know I need it.  I couldn't believe how much I got from tonight's session - it was profound.  I am embarrassed that I am so green when it comes to the bible, but there's no place to start learning than the here and now.  

One of the things that hit me hard was that explicitly, Matthew tells us to Ask, Seek, Knock.  Matthew 7:7.  I am able to ask God for help or guidance for anything at any time.  I am also able to do the same in just asking for his presence to be with me.  Or, instead of asking, I can seek what is God's plan for me.  Most importantly, though, we have the responsibility to knock.  This is an action and it is up to me to take those steps.  Beyond having God in my life, the bible is there to help to answer any of the questions I have.  What a relief - I just have to look.

I also had no idea that Matthew, Luke, and John are all books that were written by these individuals to give their perspectives of Jesus's life from his birth to his death.  I had no idea.  I feel like I need to read those three books in their entirety sooner rather than later.  I feel as though I ask more questions about the Bible, sometimes rather than soaking it all in.  The lady I am studying with is so patient and kind.  For instance, as we read a verse in Acts, it mentions a "eunuch.  I had no idea what that was, so I was quick to ask what that word meant.  I had no idea that a eunuch is a man that has been castrated and who's job was to protect women.  Who knew?

I have so much to learn and am excited to continue to do so.  I definitely need this in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment