Sunday, September 12, 2021

a relaxing weekend

Just what the doctor ordered.  Well, not really, but really what I needed, I think.  This weekend has been so nice.  There haven't been a ton of plans on the calendar, the pool is closed and we were able to relax a little.  We got to see some friends, have fun, and just be without running around like crazy.  We baked cookies for the teachers at school and I made some stew in the crockpot.  Jacob did some cleaning which always helps, too.

Gregory met his coach for the soccer season and we splurged for lunch out for some greasy diner food - so delicious!  I got several walks in (with and without kids) and even started a puzzle.  I haven't sat down to do a puzzle since we moved in this house - boy was that nice.  Even better was the fact that the weather was beautiful.  With the windows open, I sat in the dining room puzzling while the breeze came through the windows along with the sounds of the kids playing outside together - it was pretty perfect!

To top it all off, it was a great football weekend - each of our college teams brought home wins!  Bring on the week - I am feeling good and so happy that we got to just live in the moment a little bit without being on a hourly timeline.


No comments:

Post a Comment