Wednesday, September 29, 2021

take all my money!

If you know me, you know I hate spending money.  I have never felt that there was a justified reason to pay someone to do something that I could do.  Yes, time is money, but I am all about doing and saving verses hiring and spending.  Let me tell you, I will hire a house cleaner over and over again moving forward!  What a relief!

I decided to put aside some funds that my parents gave us as gift for the move towards hiring help for cleaning the house, top to bottom - twice!  Once this month and once again next month.  My dear friend, Kristi cleans as a side gig and boy is she really wonderful.  I have gotten her to help in the past yet I got down on the floor with her and we worked side by side (to save me money and have vested interest in keeping it clean).  This time, being in the later stages of pregnancy, I did almost nothing. It has been the greatest stress relief thus far.  

Jacob definitely helps if asked, but not having to ask and getting a good deep clean has been worth every penny.  It is kind of disgusting how yucky the house really was.  I guess I always assume that when I move in, it has been deep cleaned.  Nope, that "broom clean" in the contract doesn't cover much ground!  

The hardest parts of this entire endeavor were committing financially and relinquishing the control.  I think I have grown to realize what is most important - spend the money and know it is in the entire family's best interest to make it happen.  The only problem now is that I may integrate this into the monthly budget!  So be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment