Sunday, September 26, 2021

let's celebrate Jacob

I have been celebrated too much and too often through this process.  Yes, it is nice at times, but really, this is God's will.  I am just his vessel.  I am so happy to be in this situation and while none of it has been easy, we are preparing to provide the gift of life.  I cannot wait.  Honestly, being the recipient of so many gifts and kind words often makes me uncomfortable.  I am not doing this for any of the accolades, the satisfaction to help create a family is more than enough kudos.

I have tried to convey this to most people in our village.  As of late, I have started to tell others that if they'd like to do something, make it all about Jacob.  He has been here, supportive and helpful since day one.  He gets so frustrated because I am tried and cranky much of the time - which is proving to get worse as the day goes on.  This makes him cranky and together it just isn't fun.  However, as I mentioned previously, getting Jacob celebrated has been a Godsend.  I am so happy that others are recognizing him and all of what he does to make the entire process work.  

To give you an idea, it is rare that I bathe the kids anymore - he takes care of that most nights.  Many evenings, I have no energy to do anything and am so uncomfortable, I must lie down.  This is typically in the six o'clock hour.  He doesn't say a word, just tells me to go upstairs and he handles the night time routines with the kids.  If I happen to stay up late enough to get the kids to bed, there is no way that I can carry either one up the steps, which is what they are accustomed to.  So, Jacob often carries both kids up two flights of steps to get them in bed simply because I can't.  

Much more than before, Jacob is stepping it up with loading/unloading the dishwasher, doing laundry, keeping things clean, etc.  I am hoping this continues for years to come, but our marriage has always worked well with me taking most of that on.  

I am so appreciative of all he does for each of us and how he keeps the house going on a daily basis.  Please know that your extra thoughts, prayers, and acts of kindness specifically to praise him are felt and are truly making a difference in our daily lives.  It means more than you can understand!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wonderful!! give a big Hi from me to Jacob. (I love it when my husband clears the laundry basket ... he asked me "What would you like for your birthday?" I answered: once a week the clothes on hangers and into cupboards :) :)

    ReplyDelete