Thursday, September 30, 2021

eating good

This evening, Cheryl and Steve brought supper again.  I can't get them to stop offering, but then again, can't get myself to stop accepting their willingness to go above and beyond.  The relief of not having to figure out what to make for supper, and making it is huge.  They have promised over and over that they enjoy cooking for us and we are so very thankful.

We were beyond spoiled tonight.  We had the distinct pleasure of having delicious lamb chops, asparagus, and homemade macaroni and cheese.  Plus, we have at least two more meals taking us through the weekend!  You can't ask for much better than that!  They had no idea that lamb is one of my favorite things - reminds me of my Mediterranean roots and more specifically, my Tita.  I rarely buy lamb and if I do, it is typically ground lamb for burgers.  The children thought the "steak" tasted different, but they really enjoyed it.  (We didn't feel like explaining the lamb/sheep truth and it was likely a good idea.)

Amazing is the only word that comes to mind.  Beyond tonight's supper, they provided another meal that we were able to freeze for another day!  The other big win when they deliver food is that we get to give hugs and chat for a little bit, which is always wonderful.  Staying connected is huge and I am so thankful for their constant generosity!  Their grandgal is eating well, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment