Friday, September 17, 2021

comfort of family

This morning, Bethany's parents swung by to drop a couple of meals - all delicious!  I hate accepting meals so often but boy does it help and relieve everything as it relates to figuring out what to cook, making the effort to do the cooking, and cleaning it all up.  This visit was really important to me.  They know about my emotional struggles at this time and were able to provide insight to help me put one foot in front of the other.  Bethany's mom is a retired therapist so she was able to give me guidance on how to navigate choosing the right counselor and in that, ways to evaluate more than one at a time.  Although the visit was brief, it was very comforting to know that I could be so open and honest with the both of them.  It just feels like we are one big family and I can share anything and everything with them.  I am so thankful for these relationships and cannot imagine it being any other way - boy am I blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment