Thursday, September 2, 2021

COVID still stinks

With the Delta Variant swirling around and the implications of that, it seems as though VCU is re-implementing their COVID restrictions.  It is really tough information to hear on our end.  This means that unless something changes in the next 8 weeks, only one person is permitted in the operating room with me.  Even though we spoke about this in a joint counseling session we had a year and a half ago, we had all hoped that it wouldn't come down to this.  We can hope and pray that the restrictions are lifted before delivery, but at this time, we must come to terms with the reality.  

As discussed with the counselor many moons ago, if there was ever an issue of how many people can be present for delivery, Bethany would be the first person allowed.  Even though so many have said they think I need Jacob as my support person, I think baby needs mama.  I will be fine and frankly, Bethany will be amazing support until her sweet bundle of joy gets here so I have no qualms with having her instead of Jacob.  It breaks my heart though that we may not all be able to be together during this special time.  

Beyond having Jacob there for me, I really wanted him present to take pictures.  I have day dreamed about this day a multitude of times and I continue to think about the photos we will have to memorialize one of the best days of our lives.  Not having these reminders will be tough, but I must still be positive through it all.  When the delivery is over, Bethany and Phillip will be parents and I will have fulfilled purpose placed in my heart by God.  I can't ask for much more than that.  I think we are all a little devastated by the news.  There is still so much light that remains to be thankful for regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment