Thursday, September 23, 2021

it is okay...

 ...to not be okay.

Today has been rough, for no reason.  As I sat down to do a puzzle this evening, it dawned on me that there doesn't have to be a reason.  On top of that, it is okay to not be okay.  I have recognized there are issues and I will work on those and be stronger when all is said and done.  While I'm in the thick of it, though, I am trying to embrace this tough time to truly learn more about myself and how I can be a better person - for me.  I often focus on being better for others but forget myself.  If I am going to make it out of this dim time with growth that is essential, then I need to be somewhat selfish.  Although, selfish in this manner means that I can be more and selfless for others down the road.

I don't know how or why I came to this epiphany today but if I can help one person to understand this, I will have done my job today.  We all struggle, we all face hardships.  No one is immune to the difficult times of life.  That is okay.  Put them into perspective.  Do your best to use them as learning experiences.  And, remember, it is okay to not be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment