Tuesday, January 18, 2022

back to the grind

Today was my first day back at work.  I have a couple thousand emails to go through so I focused on that for the most part.  I joined a few team meetings and tried to immerse myself back into the world of Responsible Artificial Intelligence.  My brain is foggy, but I am doing my best.  Everyone was so nice and respects the fact that I will need some time to dig out.  Me, though, I need to start making contributions again, as soon as possible, for my own wellbeing.  

This week is interesting - yesterday was the MLK holiday so the kids were home and Jacob and I were off.  He had to go into work for a few minutes and assess the snow/ice situation, but we were home with one another most of the day, trying to take it easy, knowing that routines would be established again tomorrow - thank God!

It is going to be an even shorter week because I am off Friday to go to the mountains to celebrate Ricky's 40th birthday with the family. 

Many times throughout the day I felt lost.  Didn't know what others were talking about or how I used to be well versed in everything work.  Will I ever get back to my old self and be able to make an impact again?  I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment