Thursday, January 6, 2022

last minute trip

Last night, at Meade's dance class, I was an inch away from losing it.  We got the call that schools would be CLOSED again tomorrow.  Not just a delay, but closed.  I understand that some individuals in the county were still out of power, digging out of snow, and clearing fallen trees.  I know that buses are affected.  But how can I keep going?  I am not meant to be a stay at home mom and when Jacob has to work, I should be able to, too.  

This week has been rough keeping them entertained.  The few minutes I try to steal by my lonesome, are interrupted by screams of Mama or a little girl that must be touching me at all times.  I know, one day I will wish these days returned.  For now, I am over it.  I want to go back to work.  To an office.  Without kids.  Without a house that is never clean.  Without chores staring me in the face. 

Since school is closed today and the fact that there is more questionable weather coming through overnight, I made a last minute decision to take the kids to my parents.  I needed help.  I needed a little break here and there.  I knew they could make it happen.  Even if school is on tomorrow, so be it.  My kids will be absent.  

On the road, Bethany gave me a ring (I had asked her to if she was available).  We had a great conversation about many things.  The entire time, Makenna was cooing in the background.  For the first time in weeks, "my sweet little Henry" blurted out of my mouth.  I had forgotten I was going to call her Henry, but from now on, Henry it is.  From what Bethany said, she was full of smiles when she would hear my voice. Oh that does this heart good!

It has been a pretty easy day since getting to the river.  Meade and I went with dad to town.  He wanted me to go to the jewelry store to pick out a new diamond ring for my mom.  This excited me.  Since I am going to inherit it one day, hopefully a very long time from now, why not provide input on what I would like.  That was fun.  I had to bribe Meade with a flamingo necklace that will be ordered via Prime should she keep the jewelry store a secret.  I'm not sure she's a safe bet.

I am so thankful for my mom and dad.  For having a second home with them.  For being theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment