Wednesday, January 12, 2022

busy busy

Thank goodness for Nana - she took Meade for several hours today so that I could get things done around the house, without my shadow.  Today is my mom's birthday, which is a little bittersweet.  She didn't want to celebrate at all, which makes me sad.  Although, I get it.  I totally understand.  I am not sure I will ever want to acknowledge my birthday ever again.  

My friend Adrienne stopped by for lunch and to grab a bunch of old toys/books that we were ready to donate.  Now, they will go to her grandson (and hopefully many more grandchildren).  So many of those items were nostalgic and never made the donation bin previously, but since I know where they are going, I was happy to pass them along.  I picked up salads from Giovanni's and they were delicious.  We exchanged small Christmas gifts.  Just being in her presence is always a gift to me.  She gives the best hugs and always enjoy my time with her.

Adrienne had to leave so that I could have my therapy session.  The first of the new year.  When people ask me about counseling, I say it is fine.  I am thinking that maybe I haven't yet found the right person.  I think she is likely helping, but what do I know.  I think I may get more out of walking the neighborhood with the retired ladies in the morning.  I did that the other day and boy was it fun, despite the freezing weather.  Even though we scheduled a next session, I may hold off and see how I am doing in a month or two to see if I should find someone new or explore other ways to work on my emotional well being.  I do feel a teeny bit stronger each day.

Nana brought Meade back in time to get Gregory off the bus and then prepare for our Wednesday night activities.  With the uptick in COVID cases, I opted to spend the 45 minutes in the car trying to go through some work emails so I am not so inundated when I head back next week.  It's always crazy 'round here!

No comments:

Post a Comment