Thursday, January 20, 2022

why are we so lucky?

We made it to Wintergreen this morning.  The roads weren't too bad, but the fog on the mountain made it seem like we were driving in late at night.  As we walked in and started to unpack, I got super nervous.  This house, better yet home, is gorgeous.  Too nice, especially with children running around!  Everything was decorated to a tee.  Just perfectly beautiful.  How was I going to keep the kids from breaking everything?

So far, so good.  We've made it the first several hours without any mishaps.  I have taken pictures of things and moved them so the children aren't tempted to mess with them and/or so that accidents are less likely.  As soon as my parents arrived with Renn, I sat all three children down and let them know that this was a very special place and we couldn't be running, jumping, yelling, etc.  There are tons of things to do and we will make the most of it but they have to respect this home, more than they have anywhere else before.  As I go to bed, I realize I yelled a ton, but nothing was broken.  I threatened to spank on many occasions, when I saw kids jumping from chair to chair, messing with the fireplaces, playing hide and seek behind beds, etc.  All normal kid stuff, but things that are not okay in someone else's home.

We had a nice supper of salads with grilled chicken.  No one even made a stink about how "blackened" the chicken was.  It was pretty dry!  I grilled last night when we got home from dance and there were so many things I was working on that it may have been on the grill a little too long.  Oops.  Oh well.  There were no complaints - everyone was very kind.  We have thrown a lot of dice - just our normal selves but in a new environment.  One that is gorgeous.  All of the windows look out over a valley of farm land and a few homes.  It is breathtaking.  There is even a telescope where we can explore a little more closely.

I am so appreciative of this time together and look forward to tomorrow as we take the children tubing and just have fun.  I sure does pay to have such kind friends that offered their home to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment